1. What do you view as the key role, and/or attributes needed for this position?
Administrative experience; ability to work amicably with others; political temperament and personality; excellent customer service skills; ability to interpret ordinances, statutes and regulations and the ability to unite those with diverse views to achieve a common goal.
2. What education (schools attended, degrees attained), experience, and attributes do you have that qualify you for this position?
Bachelor of Science in Nursing/University of Missouri.
Juris Doctorate/University of Missouri
Graduate of JFK School of Government/Harvard University
Certified Diversity Facilitator
Leadership St. Louis graduate
Leadership Missouri graduate
President of the National Bar Association
3. Why do you think you are the best person for this position? What differentiates you from your opponents?
In addition to number 1 and 2 above, I am the only one with administrative experience; the only one who has won a citywide election and the only attorney
4. What do you feel are the most pressing issues currently facing this office and what plans do you have to address these issues? (please be specific)
Initial priorities that I set for the office are: Keeping businesses in the City; Attracting Businesses to the City by Streamlining the license process; Working with other City offices that impact the license process, bringing rogue businesses into compliance with the City’s license requirement and providing excellent customer service
5. Describe how you work with, or will work with, others to address your priorities.
I have already opened the lines of communications with other office holders and departments to address these priorities
6. What services could this office offer citizens that it does not now offer?
7. How can this office improve the economic strength of the city?
By adhering to the initial priorities outlined for the office
8. Are there functions of this office that are now obsolete and can be eliminated or combined for efficiency?
9. How are you working/would you work to make this office a 21st Century office?
10. If you could ask each of your opponents one question, what would it be? (You may specify a different question for each opponent or the same question for both.)
Please describe the highest number of individuals that you have managed in a professional work environment.