Sunday, April 25, 2010
Response from Stacey Rosa Hancock, Candidate for Clerk of Circuit Court
1. What do you view as the key role, and/or attributes needed, for this position?
One of the key roles would be to ensure that all documents are placed in the files in a timely manner, while providing helpful and pleasant service to the public. To effectively manage the office of circuit clerk one needs to be committed to maintaining the positive morale of all courthouse employees.
2. What experience / attributes do you have that qualify you for this position?
I have demonstrated through out my 16 years of private practice the necessary organizational and leadership skills to effectively manage the office of which I am seeking. I have cultivated my communication abilities through my genuine concern for all my clients while being an excellent listener.
3. Why do you think you are the best person for this position? What differentiates you from your opponent(s) (if applicable)?
It is apparent that all the candidates seeking this position are qualified attorneys in their own right, and on that level there is not much difference. The most noticeable difference between me and my opponents is my willingness to accept alternative perspectives to better serve the public and I believe I will do I better job.
4. What do you feel are the most pressing issues currently facing this office? (please be specific)
The lack of efficiency of this office is evident in the time lost by the attorneys searching for missing files and documents necessary to adequately serve their clients. In addition, the lack of concern for the general public and their customer service needs.
5. What plans do you have for addressing these issues? (please be specific)
As Circuit Clerk I will provide More Accountability by keeping legal records organized and ready for court and court dockets ready for the day of court.
It will be my duty as Circuit Clerk to ensure that everyone entering the courthouse be treated with respect while helping them solve their problems.
6. What particular strengths would help you defeat other party opponents (if applicable) in the November general election?
Posted by Jan at 10:02 PM