1. What do you view as the key role, and/or attributes needed for this position? What experience/attributes do you have that qualify you for this position?
“I am the incumbent Democratic Congressman in the 1st Congressional District. As a proud progressive with backbone, I’ve fought to save good jobs and I always put the 1st District, first.
I opposed Republican efforts to end Medicare and gamble your Social Security benefits on Wall Street. I pushed to end the war in Iraq and to bring our troops home from Afghanistan.
I have worked hard to preserve the hard-won rights of women, minorities, seniors and the disabled. And I’m leading the fight to defend your right to vote.”
2. Why do you think you are the best person for this position? What differentiates you from your opponent(s)?
“As the incumbent Democratic Congressman in the 1st District, I’m honored to have been endorsed by Mayor Francis G. Slay, St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley, the Missouri State AFL-CIO and the St. Louis Labor Council.
I am a progressive with backbone.
I was born and raised in St. Louis.
I currently represent 80% of the enlarged 1st District, and have previously represented a large portion of South St. Louis as a Missouri State Senator.
I am today, and always will be, a son of this community. I understand what matters to this neighborhood and the strong working families who live here.
I attend St. Nicholas’ Catholic Church and I would appreciate your ward’s endorsement, and your vote on Tuesday, August 7th.”
3. What do you feel are the most pressing issues currently facing this office and what plans do you have to address these issues? (please be specific)
“Saving good jobs and helping small businesses grow new ones is clearly the top issue in St. Louis and across this nation.
That’s why I was so proud to lead the bipartisan team that saved 16,000 skilled manufacturing jobs at Boeing.
I also made certain that the new National Archives and Records Administration building was built in Spanish Lake, saving 850 federal jobs for our region.
I also will continue my progressive advocacy for education, community healthcare, stronger neighborhoods and voting rights.”
4. How does a redrawn district affect your legislative priorities? (please be specific)
“As the Democratic incumbent, I will extend the very highest level of constituent services to your neighborhood. My staff and I are always available to help you with any federal issue.”
5. Describe how you work with, or will work with, others to address your priorities.
“I have a wonderful professional staff who reflect my personal commitment to exceptional constituent services, diversity, and easy accessibility for all the citizens whom I have the honor to serve.”
Post a Comment