Join us this weekend as the 15th Ward Democrats register voters at "Keep Pride in Tower Grove" and host the city, county and state democrats on a float in the St. Louis Pride Parade. Details below.
Saturday, June 25 - Keep Pride in Tower Grove
We'll be set up on South Grand (near Hartford and Juniata cross streets) under a blue tent, decked out with 15th Ward, St. Louis and pride banners and flags --- talking to and registering voters from 11am - 6pm. Last year, we registered over 100 new voters and are looking to break that goal this year. This is a great opportunity to meet neighbors, talk politics and pride, and encourage Democrats to turn out to vote in August and November. Shade, chairs, and cool drinks will be provided. If you're interested in volunteering for a 2 hour shift or even for an hour, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sunday, June 26 - St. Louis Pride Parade
Join us as we march in the St. Louis Pride Parade! This is a lot of FUN and we'll have dozens of Democrats from all over the area participating on our float!
- Date: Sunday, June 26 (this Sunday!)
- Time: Arrive by around 11:15-11:30am (parade starts at Noon)
- Location: We’ll be at the parade staging area next to Kiener Plaza. Kiener is under construction this year, but parade entries are still lining up on Market and on Chestnut. We’ll be on Market just west of Broadway.
- How to get there: drive and find parking downtown (meters are free on Sunday; Ballpark Village surface lot and ballpark garages will be available for a small fee) or take Metrolink (the 8th and Pine stop is only 2 blocks away).
- How to find us: we’ll have a large truck and float with the city skyline including the Arch. In addition, our float will be covered with St. Louis, Pride, Missouri, Democratic, and U.S.A. flags and bunting. We should be easy to spot.
- What you need to bring: nothing besides yourself, your friends, comfortable shoes/clothes, sunscreen, and a desire to throw beads, celebrate pride and have fun
- What is provided: float, truck, drinks (soda and water), food, throwing beads, i.e. everything needed
- Who is participating: 15th Ward Democrats (organizers), St. Louis City Democratic Central Committee, St. Louis County Democratic Central Committee, Gateway Democrats, and Missouri Democratic Party!
If you have questions about the parade or want to let us know that you'll be joining us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. An RSVP is not required, though. Please join us!!!